IT organizations are often unable to free up the experienced staff needed for intermittent and resource-intensive audits. As a result, they suffer from excessive workloads, delays, and poor IT processes and infrastructure governance.
Many clients turn to Monarch Technology to address their auditing and governance needs. In an increasingly complex technical and process environment, we are one of the few organizations with the experience necessary for complete and reliable audit coverage. Our skills cover a diverse array of technology areas, including Windows and Linux, wireless and wireline networks, security appliances, and a wide range of enterprise applications. We deliver a broad set of auditing services, including the following:
- SOX compliance audits
- Application security and control audits
- Pre-implementation and post-implementation reviews
- IT security assessments
- IT governance assessments
- IT methodology audits
- ERP quality assessments
We can take on complete audit programs or augment existing audit teams. We take a modular approach to auditing, defining a series of high impact engagements that deliver immediate business benefits.
The following are typical examples:
- Assessing general IT controls and recommending process changes that have wide-reaching benefits across the entire IT environment
- Undertaking application control studies that enhance application security and data integrity
- Auditing user privileges to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive or confidential information
Our auditing approach is aligned with COBIT (Control Objectives for IT):
- IT processes are evaluated for key financial or business risks
- Control objectives are established – along with appropriate control mechanisms
- The process is tested and evidence collected
- The evidence is evaluated to assess the operational effectiveness of the controls
- Deficiencies are identified and reported
We can also provide remediation recommendations for identified deficiencies, and prioritize these according their business impact.To discuss how we can help you with your auditing and governance requirements, contact us today.